Agribank attended the online 72nd APRACA Executive Committee Meeting (EXCOM)
On 20th August 2020, Vietnam Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Agribank) attended the online 72nd APRACA Executive Committee Meeting (EXCOM). The online meeting was attended by Deputy General Director Ms. Nguyen Thi Phuong, Director and some officials of Financial Institutions Department.
APRACA is the Asia-Pacific Rural and Agricultural Credit Association which was established since 1977 with the participation of 87 members from 24 countries. The Executive Committee has 18 members, including a Chairman and a Vice Chairman. Agribank joined APRACA and has been a member of the Executive Committee since 1991. Agribank held the position of the rotating Chairman of APRACA from 2008 to 2010 and was appointed 3 times to participate in the Special Committee to select the Secretary General of APRACA.
The EXCOM Meeting is held annually with the participation of the Executive Committee members. Due to the complicated global situation of the COVID-19 pandemic and limited travelling among countries, the meeting was held online for the first time through APRACA's 43 years of operation.
The 72nd APRACA Executive Committee Meeting focused on the discussion and approval of the Minutes of the APRACA Executive Committee Meeting and reports on actions taken on the Main Resolutions of the 71st EXCOM Meeting. The Meeting also discussed the response of credit institutions in the Covid-19 pandemic, information technology in climate change, banking integration in payment activities. The Meeting also reported on APRACA strategic plan for the period of 2019-2024, the eligibility criteria for APRACA Secretary General's nomination for the new term. APRACA Secretariat submitted 2 project proposals in consortium arrangements with international agencies engaged in agricultural development, i.e. “Greater Mekong Subregion Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security Program” and “Scaling international private sector climate finance through debt capital markets to strengthen resilience of vulnerable communities in Asia Pacific region”.
In addition, other contents were also discussed at the Meeting such as: changing the location of APRACA Headquarters, process of selection/election of new Vice Chairman of APRACA, training need analysis, sharing experiences among APRACA’s members.
Nguyen Thi Thu Ha
- Agribank attended the online 72nd APRACA Executive Committee Meeting (EXCOM)
- Agribank estimates half-year profit of about VND 5,000 billion
- Agribank has disbursed over VND 20 trillion to customers affected by COVID-19
- Net profit in 2019 soared, Agribank expects credit growth of 9.2% this year
- Agribank: backing businesses through COVID-19
- Four months, trade surplus of agricultural, forestry and fishery products reached USD 2.8 billion
- Agribank to provide VND 250,000 billion in debt restructuring for customers
- Agribank launched a VND 100,000 billion credit package to support customers impacted by Covid 19 pandemic
- Agribank: Maintaining the leading role in the agricultural and rural financial market
- Agribank will exempt or reduce loan interest for businesses