Agribank honored to receive two Vietnam Outstanding Banking Awards 2020
Agribank was honored with two awards “Outstanding bank for high-tech agricultural investment” and “Outstanding bank for the community” 2020, on the evening of November 26, 2020.
The award ceremony for Agribank was organized by the Vietnam Banking Association VNBA in coordination with the International Data Group in Vietnam (IDG Vietnam) in parallel with the events at Vietnam Retail Banking Forum 2020.
Two awards given to Agribank are the prestigious annual awards in the banking industruy, held from 2012 to present, to honor banks with outstanding performance in terms of banking operations, products and services, making contribution to the development of the industry, etc.
With the mission of accompanying "agriculture, rural areas, and farmers", Agribank is one of the pioneer banks in implementing policies on agricultural and rural investment, providing preferential loans for promting the development of clean and high-tech agriculture.
In 2020, Agribank implements a preferential credit program with a minimum amount of VND 50,000 billion for clean agriculture. As of October 31, 2020, loan turnover reached nearly VND 30,000 billion, outstanding loans reached over VND 5,000 billion with nearly 4,000 customers. These are the efforts that helped Agribank to be honored with the banking award for supporting investment in hi-tech agriculture for many years.
Along with that, Agribank has continuously improved the lending procedures and methods, reducing costs to expand credit investment, providing capital for farmers and enterprises in agricultural development.
In addition to business activities, Agribank also implements many charity programs and social security activities. From 2009 to date, Agribank has spent 3,120 billion dong for social security. During the time of Covid-19, Agribank implemented a credit program worth VND 100,000 billion to support customers affected by the outbreak; offered solutions to restructure the repayment period, waive service fees, etc.
In the time of serious flooding and landslides in parts of central Viet Nam, Agribank promptly provided VND 3 billion to the severely damaged provinces, organized visits to donate gift parcels and encourage families to overcome losses caused by the historic floods.
The two Vietnam Outstanding Banking Awards 2020 have affirmed Agribank's role and prestige in contributing to the development of the country's economy in general, Vietnam's agricultural sector in particular and its positive and responsible contributions to the community.
- Agribank offers many preferential products, supporting the economy to overcome difficulties
- The first six months of 2021: Agribank operates safely and effectively
- Agribank sets aside VND 30,000 billion to lend to small and medium-sized enterprises with interest rates from 4.5% pa
- Agribank donated VND 60 billion to the Vaccine Fund for COVID-19 prevention and control
- Agribank continues to offer fee-free money transfer services on Internet Banking
- Moody's Investors Service affirmed Agribank’s ratings and revised the outlook to positive
- Agribank implements facial recognition to prevent fraud via OTP
- Agribank leads other eight Vietnamese banks in global brand finance ranking
- Agribank honored with prestigious awards
- Agribank cut VND 5,500 billion in profit to support customers