Agribank launched a VND 100,000 billion credit package to support customers impacted by Covid 19 pandemic
Agribank will provide a VND 100,000 billion loan package with preferential interest rates to support customers impacted by Covid-19 pandemic to help customers to resume production and stabilize business activities.
The program is applied for loans disbursed from April 1, 2020 until 3 months after the Prime Minister announces the end of the COVID-19 pandemic or until complete disbursement of the VND 100,000 billion credit package.
Customers who are the subjects of the program will enjoy interest rates lower than 1% (for loans in VND) and lower than 0.5% (for loans in foreign currencies) compared to lending rate of the same type.
Leaders of Vietnam Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Agribank) affirmed that, following the direction of the Government and the State Bank of Vietnam, in recent years, Agribank has implemented many solutions to share difficulties with customers impacted by COVID -19 pandemic such as: proactively organizing the review, grasping the situation of production and business, the extent of losses to borrowers with a focus on customers doing business in the field of tourism, restaurants, hotels, agriculture and export.
Agribank has also timely applied measures to remove difficulties, support customers such as: loans rescheduling; considering exemption and reduction of loan interests for customers; providing new loans with preferential interest rates to support borrowers to maintain and stabilize production and business; exemption and reduction of electronic banking transaction fees, etc.
Amid complicated developments of Covid-19 pandemic, Agribank has actively implemented measures to prevent the spread of the disease: environmental cleaning and disinfection for transaction offices, providing hand sanitizer and face masks to all employees and customers coming for transaction; there are staff assigned to guide customers in taking measures to prevent epidemics as recommended by the Ministry of Health.
Implementing the direction of the State Bank of Vietnam at Official Telegram No.03/CD-NHNN dated March 31, 2020 implementing Directive No. 16/CT-TTg dated March 31, 2020 of the Prime Minister on implementation of urgent measures for prevention and control of Covid-19, Agribank ensure that customers are provided with banking and financial services at all transaction points nationwide during the bank trading hours from Monday to Friday (except for holidays as prescribed).
Agribank also encourages customers to use the 24/7 online services provided to customers to optimize financial efficiency while limiting the risk of disease transmission to customers, bank employees and the community.
- Agribank estimates half-year profit of about VND 5,000 billion
- Agribank has disbursed over VND 20 trillion to customers affected by COVID-19
- Net profit in 2019 soared, Agribank expects credit growth of 9.2% this year
- Agribank: backing businesses through COVID-19
- Four months, trade surplus of agricultural, forestry and fishery products reached USD 2.8 billion
- Agribank to provide VND 250,000 billion in debt restructuring for customers
- Agribank launched a VND 100,000 billion credit package to support customers impacted by Covid 19 pandemic
- Agribank: Maintaining the leading role in the agricultural and rural financial market
- Agribank will exempt or reduce loan interest for businesses
- Agribank continues to affirm its leading role in Vietnam's rural financial market