Shrimp exports to the US increased sharply
According to calculations from the statistics of the General Department of Customs, shrimp exports in April reached 33.5 thousand tons, worth USD 299 million, an increase of 21% in volume and 25% in value compared to April 2020. The most prominent is the US market with a growth rate of about 50% in both volume and turnover.
According to estimates of the Import-Export Department, in May, Vietnam's shrimp exports reached 34,000 tons, worth USD 305 million, increased by 6% in volume and 3% in value compared to May 2020.
Accumulated in the first five months of 2021, Vietnam's shrimp exports are estimated at 143 thousand tons, worth USD 1.26 billion, increased by 9% in volume and increased by more than 9% in value over the same period in 2020.
According to calculations from the statistics of the General Department of Customs, shrimp exports in April reached 33.5 thousand tons, worth USD 299 million, an increase of 21% in volume and 25% in value compared to April 2020.
Shrimp exports in April increased when exports to the US, EU, UK and Australia increased sharply, while exports to Canada, China, ASEAN, Russia, etc. decreased. In particular, shrimp exports to the US increased by about 50% in both volume and turnover, reaching 5,990 tons and nearly USD 64 million.
In the first four months of 2021, Vietnam's shrimp exports reached 108 thousand tons, worth USD 958 million, an increase of 10% in volume and an increase of 11.4% in value over the same period in 2020.
In the first four months of 2021, shrimp exports to the US, EU, UK, Australia and Russia markets increased, while exports to Japan, China, Korea, Canada, ASEAN, etc. decreased.
The Import-Export Department forecasts that Vietnam's shrimp exports in the second half of 2021 will continue to grow positively, especially exports to the US and EU markets.
US consumers increasingly prefer processed and value-added shrimp products and the upward trend in US shrimp imports is forecast to continue and may exceed 1 million tons by 2027.
Currently, the deployment of vaccination for the American people is happening rapidly, the demand for shrimp imports of this country in 2021 is likely to increase sharply.
- Tuna exports to Italy grew by three digits thanks to the effect of EVFTA
- Exports of squid, octopus to South Korea increased slightly
- Exports of agriculture, forestry and fishery increased by nearly 27% over the same period
- Vietnam's shrimp exports are forecast to still achieve good growth
- Vietnam rice prices exceed Thai rice prices in June
- Pangasius exports in the third quarter will have positive growth
- Seafood exports to the EU increased by 20%
- Shrimp exports can reach USD 4.2 billion if the disease is under control
- Seafood exports to Russia increased sharply
- Rice exports in the first six months of the year earned nearly USD 1.65 billion