Top 10 tea export markets of Vietnam in 8 months
In the eight months, Pakistan continued to be the largest market for Vietnamese tea with 24,401 tons worth USD 46.4 million, accounting for 29% of the country's total tea export volume and accounting for 34% of the total turnover.
Data from the General Department of Customs shows that in the first 8 months of this year, Vietnam exported 84,592 tons of tea of all kinds, earning nearly USD135 million, the average export price reached USD 1,594/ton. Compared to the same period last year, an increase of 4% in volume but a decrease of 6% in turnover and 9% in price are recorded.
In August, tea export reached 13,296 tons, bringing in nearly USD 22 million, export price reached USD 1,643.8/ton. Compared to the previous month, a decrease of 0.6% in volume and a decrease of 1.5% in turnover and 0.9% in price are recorded.
Top 10 tea export markets of Vietnam in the first eight months of 2020 recorded Pakistan continued at the top position with 24,401 tons, worth USD 46.4 million, accounting for 29% of the country's total tea export volume and accounting for 34% of total turnover. Over the same period, the volume decreased by 7% and the turnover decreased by 12%. Export price reached USD 1,903.4/ton, a decrease of 5.4%.
Second is Taiwan with 11,009 tons, earning USD 17.3 million, accounting for 13% of the total tea export volume and value of the country; export price of USD 1,570/ton. Over the same period, the volume decreased by 12%, the turnover decreased by 11%, but the price increased by 1.4%.
Top 10 markets with the highest tea export price in the first 8 months of 2020 showed that tea exported to Germany reached the highest with USD 5,240/ton, nearly 5 times higher than the average export price.
In general, over the same period last year, tea export turnover increased sharply in some markets such as the UAE increased by 163% to USD 2.3 million; India increased by 116% to USD 2.2 million; Turkey increased by 87% to USD 0.6 million, etc. On the contrary, significant decreases recorded in markets including China decreased by more than 60% to USD 7.4 million; Philippines decreased by 55% to USD 0.9 million USD; Poland decreased by 36% to about USD 0.3 million, etc.
- Tuna exports record an impressive growth thanks to the EVFTA
- Vietnamese rice set a new record
- Vietnamese pangasius has an advantage in Chinese market
- Vietnam promotes export of tea products to Poland in the first month of 4th quarter
- Processed fruit and vegetable exports are not affected by COVID-19
- Rice export market in the first 10 months of 2020
- Japan increases pepper imports from Vietnam
- Pangasius market is gradually "warming up"
- Shrimp exports are expected to increase in the last months of the year
- Vietnam aims to be among the top 5 fruit and vegetable exporting countries in the world