Tuna exports to France increased by more than 200% in July
According to statistics of the Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters and Producers (VASEP), in the first seven months of 2022, tuna export turnover to the French market is estimated at USD 350 million, an increase of 203% over the same period in 2021.
It is estimated that the growth rate of tuna exports to this market is 510%/month. Among them, the products selected for the strongest increase in import volume are processed and canned tuna products.
Ms. Nguyen Thi Van Ha, a tuna industry expert at VASEP Pro, under the Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters and Producers, shared that because of the demand for food, especially tuna, which can replace white fish, French consumers have prioritized this product. Among the product lines imported to France, processed and canned tuna products are given the most import priority.
Among them, frozen tuna meat products with code HS0304 are still the main export items to this market, accounting for 63% of the total export value. Vietnam is currently the 14th largest tuna supplier to the French market among non-EU suppliers. This year, France's tuna imports have recovered, France tends to increase tuna imports from Asian countries other than Vietnam such as the Philippines with an increase of 442%, Indonesia with an increase of 42%.
Besides, in the first months of 2022, France and Spain have a good tuna catch, enough to supply tuna to processors of these countries and European countries, therefore France tends to increase imports of frozen steamed tuna meat. As a result, frozen whole tuna imports fell.
Moreover, the reopening of European countries to tourists, also increases the demand for importing high-value fresh and frozen tuna; increased demand for large canned tuna products for food service chains and restaurants has helped restore Vietnam's tuna imports in the past 7 months.
- Rubber export volume increased for 4 consecutive months
- Pork exports in the first six months of 2022 achieved 3-digit growth
- China imported USD 30 billion of Vietnamese goods over seven months
- Pangasius exports to the Mexican market increased by 73%
- Agriseco: Three groups of export products that can maintain growth momentum in the coming period
- Tuna exports to the EU will continue to decelerate in the third quarter
- Rubber exports in the second quarter continued to recover thanks to increased global consumption demand
- Fertilizer exports increased to a record, businesses soon to exceed profit targets
- VDSC: Seafood exports in the third quarter would slow down
- Opportunity for Vietnam's coffee to regain market share in the EU