Vietnam aims to be among the top 5 fruit and vegetable exporting countries in the world
This is a prominent target in the draft project on developing the vegetable processing industry in the period 2021 – 2030 drafted by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
Fruit, vegetable, fruit, vegetable, fruit and vegetable export turnover value reaches USD 8-10 billion/year, the proportion of export turnover value of processed fruit and vegetable products reaches 30%, the fruit and vegetable processing capacity reaches 2 million tons of products/year, doubling the current figure. This is also a prominent target in the draft project on developing the fruit and vegetable processing industry in the 2021 – 2030 period drafted by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and will soon be submitted to the Prime Minister for approval.
The draft project sets clear goals, bringing Vietnam among the top 5 countries in the world in fruit and vegetable export and realizing with quite specific numbers, such as the fruit and vegetable export turnover value of USD 8-10 billion/year, therefore, the export growth rate in the next 10 years must reach an average of 8% - 9%/year, using the market to develop structure for crops and farming operations.
Currently, the proportion of export value of processed fruit and vegetable products in Vietnam is about 15.2%, but in the next 10 years, this number must be doubled.
Witnessing that in the past 3 years there have been 8 new processing factories, with a total investment of up to VND 6,152 billion, experts believe that in the coming years there will be more businesses investing in this field.
In addition, the draft project indicates that in the next 10 years must attract new investment for 50 to 60 modern fruit and vegetable processing and storage facilities associated with concentrated material production areas.
- Shrimp exports are expected to increase in the last months of the year
- Vietnam aims to be among the top 5 fruit and vegetable exporting countries in the world
- Rice exports in the first 9 months to key markets recorded good growth
- Top 10 tea export markets of Vietnam in 8 months
- Fishery production nationwide reached 6 million tons in the first 9 months of the year
- Tea exports in the first 9 months of the year reached more than 98,000 tons
- Vietnamese rice prices have caught up with Thai rice, sometimes even higher
- The US, China increase purchases, Vietnam's cashew nut exports would increase sharply
- Vietnam's largest rice export market is the Philippines
- Seafood exports may increase by year’s end