Vietnam ranks third in supplying wooden furniture to the UK
Export of wooden furniture to the UK achieved good growth this year and Vietnam is the 3rd source of supply for this market.
According to the General Department of Customs, in the first nine months of 2021, the export of timber and wood products to the UK market is estimated at USD 201.2 million, an increase of 25% over the same period in 2020.
Wooden furniture is the main product exported to the UK market in the first eight months of 2021, reaching USD 172.6 million, an increase of 37.3% over the same period in 2020, accounting for 91.7% of the total export turnover of timber and wood products to this market.
Most of the wooden furniture products exported to the UK market saw a sharp increase in turnover. Specifically: living room and dining room furniture reached USD 78.3 million, an increase of 40.7% over the same period in 2020; bedroom furniture reached USD 41.5 million, an increase of 28.5%; wooden frame chairs reached USD 29.8 million, an increase of 31.9%, etc.
In addition to wooden furniture, in the first eight months of 2021, the export turnover of wood floor boards to the UK increased very strongly to USD 4.1 million, an increase of 68.3% over the same period in 2020. Export of wooden doors reached USD 4 million, an increase of 15%; fine art furniture reached USD 402 thousand, an increase of 22.7%, etc.
Timber and wood products exported to the UK still maintain a good growth rate, in the context that exports to many other markets face difficulties due to the negative impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Alain Cany, chairman of the European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (EuroCham), shared that when the demand of the European market increased, Vietnam had to enforce social distancing for prevention and control of the pandemic. However, it is fortunate that the orders are still there, because in general, European businesses are less aggressive in changing supply from Vietnam to China or other markets.
- Tuna exports to China increased 3 times
- Seafood exports to Spain maintain steady growth
- Market share of Vietnam's pepper increased sharply in South Korea
- China consumes 70% of Vietnam's rubber exports
- Vietnam ranks third in supplying wooden furniture to the UK
- Many positive signs for rice exports
- Vietnam's export rice price regains momentum
- Vietnam's cashews account for approximately 90% of the market share in the US
- Vietnam's rubber market share increases sharply in the Chinese market
- Prices of processed fruits and vegetables imported from Vietnam to Russia increased by nearly 33%