Vietnam’s top 10 rice export markets in the first six months of 2020
The Philippines is the largest consuming country, accounting for 39% of the country's total rice exports and 37% of the total turnover.
According to the General Department of Vietnam Customs, in June, Vietnam exported 450,407 tons of rice, brought in nearly USD 227.3 million with the average rice export price of USD 504.6 per ton.
Compared with the same period last year, there was a 24.8% decrease in volume; a 14.4% decrease in turnover but an increase of 13.9% in price.
Accumulated in the first six months of 2020, the country exported 3.52 million tons of rice, worth USD 1.72 billion, with the average rice export price of USD 487.6 per ton. Over the same period, all volume, price and turnover were recorded with an increase of 5%, 13% and 18.6% respectively.
The list of Vietnam’s top 10 rice export markets shows that the Philippines is the largest consuming country, accounting for 39% of the country's total rice exports and accounting for 37% of total turnover, reaching 1.4 million tons, equivalent to USD 634.3 million at the price of USD 460.9 per ton. Compared with the same period last year, volume recorded an increase of 13%, turnover recorded an increase of 30% and price recorded an increase of 15%.
China ranked second with nearly 13% of the total volume and nearly 16% of the total turnover, reaching 457,538 tons, worth USD 274.4 million with average price of USD 599.5 per ton. Over the same period, an increase of more than 58% in volume, an increase of 89% in turnover, and an increase of 19% in price were recorded.
In terms of prices, rice exported to the U.S. reached the highest price of USD 685 per ton, followed by Algeria market with USD 633 per ton, etc.
Rice exports to most markets recorded an increase in turnover over the same period last year. Some countries such as Senegal increased 28.5 times in volume and 19.5 times in turnover to 41,149 tons worth USD 14.6 million.
Spain increased by 268% in volume and 322% in turnover, reaching 993 tons, worth USD 0.5 million. Exports to Indonesia increased 115% in volume and 177% in turnover, reaching 45,211 tons, equivalent to USD 25.9 million, etc.
However, some markets reduced Vietnam's rice imports such as Brunei reduced nearly 94% in volume and turnover, Algeria down 94% in volume and 90% in turnover; Angola reduced 72% in volume and 63% in turnover.
- Seafood exports show signs of recovery
- Exports of squid and octopus to China nearly doubled
- Vietnam's rice export prices will remain high in the long term
- In the first 7 months of the year, Vietnam exported more than 684,700 tons of rubber
- Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development: there are still many opportunities for shrimp exports after COVID-19
- Pangasius exports to Singapore achieved positive results
- Great potential for Vietnamese fruits in the EU and Japan
- Vietnamese rice is sold in major Swedish supermarkets
- Fruit export has many positive signals
- Export value of timber and wooden products in seven months reached more than USD 6 billion