Vietnam earned USD 4.14 billion from the UK market in the first 10 months of the year
According to data from the General Department of Customs, in October, Vietnam's export turnover to the UK reached USD 477.25 million, an increase of 1.3% compared to September 2020.
In which, many items have rapid growth in turnover. In the first 10 months of the year, Vietnam earned USD 4.14 billion from the UK market, decreased by14.19% over the same period last year. Phones and components are the items with the largest proportion (29.82%) in the total turnover of the country, reaching USD 1.23 billion, a decrease of 27.28% over the same period in 2019.
In particular, items with increased turnover include: machinery, equipment, and other tools and spare parts, increased by 81.41% over the same period last year, reaching USD 408.59 million. Fishery products increased by 25.12% over the same period in 2019, reaching USD 297.91 million. Computers, electronic products and components increased by 14.55% over the same period last year, reaching USD 265.68 million ...
Several items with a decrease in export turnover such as textiles and garments decreased by 29.12% over the same period last year, reaching USD 459.34 million; footwear decreased by 24.64%, at USD 401.94 million; wood and wood products decreased by 27.77%, reaching USD 188.34 million.
In October, Vietnam boosted the export of a number of items to the UK market, including: iron and steel products, an increase of 328.63% at USD 10.09 million; other common metals and products increased by 176.61%, reaching USD 3.96 million; vegetables and fruits increased by 105.19% to USD 1.5 million; rubber increased by 234.34%, reaching USD 234.78 thousand.
In general, although turnover increased strongly in October, but among the group of 4 above items, only vegetables and fruits saw an increase in turnover in all 10 months; The remaining 3 items: iron and steel products, other common metals, and products and rubber all declined significantly in the same period.
- Seafood exports to CPTPP countries increased sharply
- Export surplus to the EU of USD 4 billion
- Vietnam - UK exports in January 2021 increased by nearly 85% over the same period
- VASEP: seafood exports could increase by nearly 5% in 2021
- Exports reached nearly USD 28 billion in the first month of the year
- In January, industrial production increased by more than 22%
- Trade and investment moving in the right direction
- Many products exported to the US with export turnover of over USD 1 billion
- Imports and exports hit a record of more than USD 545 billion in 2020
- FTA - an export driver for many major commodities