Vietnam is forecast to achieve the highest growth rate in the East Asia - Pacific region
Vietnam's economic growth is forecasted to achieve a growth rate of 7.2% in 2022. This is the highest economic growth rate in the East Asia - Pacific region.
The above information was just announced a few minutes ago from the World Bank headquarters in Washington DC, USA.
Notably, the East Asia-Pacific Economic Update Report emphasizes the phrase "extraordinary economic growth" for Vietnam thanks to growth drivers from industrial production, services, consumption, tourism, and trade in the context of the global economy with many fluctuations from inflation, the continuous adjustment decisions of major countries influencing the global economy.
This shows the flexible management of the Government, minimizing external impacts and resilience for growth.
A few days ago, a report of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) assessed that Vietnam's economy recovered faster than expected. ADB believes that Vietnam's economic growth in 2022 will probably be the fastest in Southeast Asia.
"I think the Vietnamese government has done a pretty good job in managing the exchange rate, credit growth and monetary policy over the past years. Vietnam has introduced credit growth limits as an important tool to manage the economy and manage inflation.
In addition, Vietnam's public debt is still relatively stable, currently at 43% of GDP, compared to other countries, this is an ideal level of public debt," Mr. Andrew Jeffries, Country Director of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) in Vietnam, commented.
Also, according to a recent survey conducted by the world's leading real estate services company Cushman & Wakefield, Vietnam is the first and second most preferred investment destination among emerging markets. Specifically, Vietnam accounted for nearly 80% of the votes for these first two positions.
- Import - export turnover of goods between Vietnam and the EU increased by 14% over the same period last year
- Nearly 2 years of implementation of the UKVFTA agreement: Exports from Vietnam to the UK achieved positive growth
- Standard Chartered raises its forecast for Vietnam's GDP growth in 2022 to 7.5%
- Exports are more than 2 times higher than the target of industry and trade
- Vietnam - US trade reached nearly USD 100 billion
- 32 items with export turnover of over USD 1 billion over 9 months
- Exports to the EU benefit from EVFTA
- 9-month GDP growth highest in 12 years
- Vietnam is forecast to achieve the highest growth rate in the East Asia - Pacific region
- Feasible with the target of USD 368 billion in export of goods