Exports of 7 agricultural products increased sharply
Export turnover of agriculture, forestry and fishery in the first 4 months of the year continued to achieve impressive growth with export value estimated at nearly USD 17.9 billion, an increase of 15.6% over the previous year.
In which, the export turnover of main agricultural products reached over USD 7.4 billion, an increase of 10.5%; main forest products reached nearly USD 5.9 billion, an increase of 4.9%; seafood is estimated at nearly USD 3.6 billion, an incresae of 43.7%; livestock production is estimated at USD 105.4 million, a decrease of 19.0%.
Notably, according to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, in the first 4 months of the year, there are 5 products and groups of products with export value reaching over USD 1 billion (coffee, rice, vegetables, shrimp, wood products).
A number of products have higher export value compared to the same period last year, such as: coffee, rubber, pepper, cassava and products from cassava, pangasius, shrimp, timber and wood products.
Specifically, coffee export value reached nearly USD 1.7 billion (an increase of 59.4%); rubber reached about USD 869 million (an increase of 10.9%); pepper about USD 367 million (an increase of29.6%); cassava and cassava products reached USD 574 million (an increase of 29.5%); pangasius reached USD 894 million (an increase of 89.6%); shrimp reached over USD 1.3 billion (an increase of 38.6%); timber and wood products reached nearly USD 5.5 billion (an increase of 4.5%), etc.
Currently, the US is the largest export market of Vietnam's agricultural, forestry and fishery products, reaching nearly USD 4.9 billion (accounting for 27.3% market share). In which, the export turnover of timber and wood products accounted for 68.2% of the share of Vietnam's agricultural, forestry and fishery export turnover in this market.
Second is the Chinese market with over USD 3.2 billion (accounting for 18.1% market share); the third is the Japanese market with an export value of nearly USD 1.3 billion; the fourth is the South Korean market with an export value of about USD 822 million.
- Tuna exports to the EU will continue to decelerate in the third quarter
- Rubber exports in the second quarter continued to recover thanks to increased global consumption demand
- Fertilizer exports increased to a record, businesses soon to exceed profit targets
- VDSC: Seafood exports in the third quarter would slow down
- Opportunity for Vietnam's coffee to regain market share in the EU
- Pangasius has many export advantages amid inflation storm
- EVFTA helps Vietnam's rice compete fairly in Europe
- Tuna exports to France increased by more than 200% in July
- Rice exports increase sharply, Vietnam to make full use of FTAs
- Trade surplus of agricultural, forestry and fishery products increased by nearly 2 times over 7 months of 2022