Export turnover of goods to Russia in the first 10 months of the year reached USD 2.38 billion
According to calculations from preliminary statistics of the General Department of Customs, Vietnam's merchandise exports to the Russian market in the first 10 months of the year reached USD 2.38 billion, increased by 3.5% over the same period in 2019; in October alone, export value reached USD 208 million, decreased by 23% compared with September 2020 and increased by 0.1% compared with the same month of 2019.
In October, leading in turnover was the group of telephones and components with USD 47.4 million, a decrease of 53.8% compared with September 2020 and a decrease of 12.8% compared with October 2019; Overall, for the first 10 months of the year, export value reached USD 942 million, increased by 3.2% compared with the same period in 2019, accounting for 39.6% of the total export turnover.
Computers, electronic products and components ranked second in turnover, in the first 10 months of the year reached USD 368.7 million, an increase of 20% over the same period in 2019, accounting for 15.5% of total export turnover; In October 2020 alone, export turnover reached USD 36.40 million, a decrease of 32.7% compared to September 2020 but an increase of 30.6% compared to October 2019.
Leading in turnover is textiles and garments, accounting for 8.4% of the total export turnover, reaching USD 199 million,a decrese of 7.1% over the same period in 2019; In October 2020 alone, export turnover reached USD 19.23 million, an increase of 16.4% over September 2020 and a decrease of 21% compared to October 2020.
In general, goods exported to the Russian market in October 2020 saw a significant change, exports gradually increased again after the period affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, in which many commodity groups with high growth compared to September 2020, such as bags, suitcases, hats, umbrellas with an increase of 84%; iron and steel of all kinds with an increase of 126.9%; rice with an increase of 796%; ceramic products with an increase of 31.6%; footwear with an increase of 60%, etc.
Besides, there are also a number of items with a decrease in turnover compared to September 2020 such as: Rubber products with a decrease of 71.6%; bamboo, rattan, sedge and carpet products with a decrease of 53.8%; coffee with a decrease of 43.8%; phones and accessories with a decrease of 53.8%, etc.
- Seafood exports to CPTPP countries increased sharply
- Export surplus to the EU of USD 4 billion
- Vietnam - UK exports in January 2021 increased by nearly 85% over the same period
- VASEP: seafood exports could increase by nearly 5% in 2021
- Exports reached nearly USD 28 billion in the first month of the year
- In January, industrial production increased by more than 22%
- Trade and investment moving in the right direction
- Many products exported to the US with export turnover of over USD 1 billion
- Imports and exports hit a record of more than USD 545 billion in 2020
- FTA - an export driver for many major commodities